Position Title: Grant Manager
Date Posted: August 2021
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Development / Associate Director of Advancement
Position Overview and Qualifications:
The Grant Manager is a key member of Cornerstone’s Advancement Team and fundraising operation, reporting to the Associate Director of Development. Overall, the Grant Manager will support Development functions to meet annual financial goals with a key focus on grants management, including the research, writing, and managing of grants.
Specific duties include:
Grants Management and Administration
- Manage grant calendar and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Research and review grant opportunities for organizational fit, eligibility, and timing.
- Propose and set up introductory meetings for the Director of Development and Cornerstone staff with foundation staff as appropriate.
- Coordinate completion of all grant application and report components with Principals, Director of Finance, and Advancement staff.
- Submit all grant applications and reports as outlined by funders, i.e. online portals, email, mail.
- Produce detailed draft of grant proposals and reports, including writing, editing, repurposing of text, for Director of Development, Principal, Communication Director, and CEO for review.
- Work with faculty and staff, especially the Principal and School-Based Teacher Leader, to track metrics for grant reports and keep up-to-date on program activities to write grant proposals and reports.
- Maintain and update all grant documentation and database files.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Grant writing experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn and navigate numerous online grant portals used by different types of funders from small family foundations to university portals and the federal government’s grants.gov system.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Possess critical thinking skills, independent judgment, and is a self-starter.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks with minimal direction.
- Fundraising and development experience preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and donor management database experience.
- Openness to and develops ideas to innovate and elevate Cornerstone’s Advancement program.
- Success building authentic donor relationships with high quality customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and evident ability to handle multiple projects.
- Experienced in working with a diverse population and demonstrates a high degree of cultural competency.
- A passion for education and creating educational opportunities for children in underserved communities.
- An appreciation and passion for the mission of Cornerstone Christian Academy with a deep-rooted commitment to Christian values, a love for children, and a cooperative spirit.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases – eTapestry preferred.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Interested candidates are to send a letter of interest and current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org