Advancement Services Manager
Cornerstone Christian Academy (CCA) is an independent, coeducational, non-denominational private school for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. Founded in 1988, the school’s mission is to educate children, including those from at-risk neighborhoods, in an environment that provides the highest standards for academic achievement and spiritual development.
Position Title: Advancement Services Manager
Date Modified: April 2018
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Advancement
The Advancement Services Manager for Cornerstone Christian Academy (CCA) is responsible for accurately managing and administering donor relations information for charitable contributions made to the school. S/he will act as the primary gift processor by implementing and overseeing all Advancement Department gift processing functions, including the recording and receipting of gifts, pledge reminders and pledge payments according to IRS standards.
This position will have the opportunity to establish systems and procedures, as part of the Advancement Department, as well as lead and set direction for the department’s fiscal year goals. The successful candidate will understand how to build strong relationships across CCA and recognize the importance of fundraising moves management and donor stewardship.
- Oversee the daily operation of the Advancement database (eTapestry), which tracks gifts/financial and biographical information of all CCA constituents and donors.
- Prepare bank deposits, gift summary batch listings, and weekly/monthly deposit reports for the Advancement Department.
- Organize and maintain constituent records and data integrity using the Advancement database (eTapestry), which may include basic prospect research tools.
- Extract required information from the database and assist staff in running queries, imports/exports, and reports, and train staff to run their own frequently used reports.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual gift totals for Advancement reports.
- Continuously monitor and accurately document contributions in a timely manner using best practices for data entry.
- Maintain a policies and procedure manual with recommendations for improvements and provide strategic leadership relating to records management and gift processing.
- To act as a liaison between CCA Board of Trustees, faculty and staff offices and the Advancement Department for fundraising support.
- Work closely with Advancement colleagues to build rapport with CCA donors, constituents, staff and faculty.
- Support the collective activity of the Advancement staff including, managing the team calendar and updating fundraising plan documents.
- Provide administrative assistance the CCA President/CEO including the coordination of meetings, logistics, correspondence, advance preparation of materials, follow-up activities relating to the President’s business and the execution of fundraising initiatives.
- Maintain necessary stock of office supplies and keep vendor relationships, i.e., Toshiba Copy, Pitney Bowes, etc.
- Support Advancement Department events with administrative assistance as needed.
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Other assignments may be added as needs and/or interests arise.
In addition to a degree from an accredited college/university or professional experience in a fundraising-related field, the Advancement Services Manager will likely possess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, show exemplary Christian character, and have a love for children. The following qualifications are also required:
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with a variety of constituents, such as school personnel, parents, students, donors, alumni, volunteers, and representatives from the business community.
- Competency in eTapestry, Blackbaud and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, an understanding of fundraising practices, the ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- An ability to work cooperatively with others and work evenings or weekends as needed for special events, as well as additional hours during critical departmental projects.
Competitive salary based on experience. Comprehensive benefits provided. Interested candidates may send a cover letter and resume to:
Monifa N. Moore
Cornerstone Christian Academy
P.O. Box 5520
Philadelphia, PA 19143