Director of Admissions
Position Title: Director of Admissions
Date Posted: March 2022
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: CEO/President
Position Overview and Qualifications:
The Director of Admissions is a highly visible, highly collaborative, individual overseeing all aspects of admissions, recruitment and financial aid, directing the admissions process from inquiry through enrollment. Cornerstone seeks an individual who is customer-service oriented and data-driven. This role leads student and parent engagement efforts to strengthen retention among Cornerstone’s current students and families (currently, Cornerstone’s retention rate is above 90%). The Director leads a collaborative effort to develop and implement both short-term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure Cornerstone meets enrollment objectives. The Director will also partner with the Advancement Team on the launch of Cornerstone’s alumni engagement initiatives, reconnecting 30+ years of Cornerstone alumni to the school and current community. The Director manages the Enrollment Assistant and Tuition Assistant and will work collaboratively with the CEO/President, Principal, Advancement Team, and faculty to achieve goals.
- Provides leadership in enrollment management, which includes admission, marketing, and recruitment and directs the process of attracting, enrolling and retaining students at Cornerstone Christian Academy.
- Formulates annual Admission and Enrollment Action Plans with clear goals, objectives, and tactics. Sets annual enrollment and admission targets, in accordance with the school’s mission and Improvement/Strategic Plan.
- Attends Board of Trustee meetings when appropriate, is involved in strategic planning and keeping the Board fully apprised of the School’s admission and retention endeavors.
- Provides extensive admission data (including recruitment, attrition, retention, geographic, tuition and enrollment trends) to the Administrative Team.
- Understands and informs the senior leadership, Admissions staff and community about research and demographics and admission and enrollment trends, ensuring that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed.
- Attends weekly Advancement Team Meetings, twice monthly faculty meetings, and monthly President’s Council meetings; leads monthly Admissions Team Meetings.
- Actively participates in strategic planning with the Administrative Team and Board of Trustees.
- Manages the Admission staff, including the Enrollment Assistant and Tuition Assistant. Identifies and implements procedures necessary to a well functioning admission office including participating in any hiring, supervising, and evaluating of admission staff.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for staff.
- Directs Cornerstone’s outreach recruitment plan. Becomes familiar with the academic program and curriculum in order to communicate with prospective families.
- Is an integral leader for the school community and participates fully in daily community life of the school.
- Extends themself beyond the responsibilities of a job description when the need arises. Assists CEO/President and Senior Leadership Team with all other duties as assigned.
Student Recruiting and Re-Enrollment
- Lead all aspects of student recruitment and marketing to prospective families, including the Blackbaud Enrollment Management System.
- Facilitate Open Houses and school tours, including one-on-one meetings with parents to provide information, answer questions, and secure the admission of qualified students.
- Schedule and attend dates for new student Placement Testing, with staff, parents/guardians.
- Directs the entire application review process. Collaborate with Principal and school leadership on who will be accepted to Cornerstone and communicate with prospective families.
- Organizes and administers the School’s Tuition Agreements and Scholarship Applications.
- Manages new student enrollment and assists with the reenrollment of current students in close connection with the Principal and Academic Leadership Team.
- Assists new families to acclimate to Cornerstone, particularly through Orientation, Summer programs, and additional opportunities.
Marketing & Communications
- In conjunction with the Director of Communications and Director of Development, leads the marketing and branding efforts of the School. Oversees the production, placement, and distribution of all Admission literature, publications, and marketing materials.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing ideas, including a digital marketing plan.
- Maintains and encourages relationships with preschools, community-based organizations and counselors, to keep lines of communication open with their faculty and administrators and to familiarize them with Cornerstone’s academic program.
- Represents the Admission Office and School at public events, on and off campus, which includes coordinating on- and off-campus events, including campus tours, Parent Open Houses, and Neighborhood Coffees designed for prospective parents.
Student Retention & Student Leadership – Student Ambassadors
- Develop strategies to maintain Cornerstone’s high level of retention (90%+).
- Leads Cornerstone’s Student Ambassador program in collaboration with the faculty and Advancement Team from selection through training and attendance at key Cornerstone events.
- Assist in organization and producing student related programs and events including: Family Game Night, Spirit Week, Teammates, and Mentor Programs.
- Oversee the production and distribution of the monthly Parent Newsletter.
- Assist in maintaining on campus and online brand integrity within the parent community.
- Relaunch and lead Cornerstone’s Parent Ambassador program to help facilitate parent engagement and participation as key members of the Cornerstone community.
- Maintain communication with families throughout the school year, particularly new families to ensure their assimilation into the Cornerstone culture.
- Collects information on how the School is viewed in the community, through ongoing surveys to prospective parents, conversations with parents, consultants and feeder schools, and, as necessary, work with consultants.
- Partner in the launch of Cornerstone’s alumni programs, starting with data collection for 30 years of graduates.
- Engage alumni in student and Admissions programs to create.
- Work with identified alumni leaders to develop alumni engagement strategies focusing on connecting them to each other and to Cornerstone.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
- 3 years of experience in independent school or college Admissions, with specific experience in leading an Admissions program and volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Success building authentic relationships with high quality customer service skills.
- Possess critical thinking skills, independent judgment, and is a self-starter.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and evident ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively, as well as work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and data reporting platforms.
- A passion for education and creating educational opportunities for children in underserved communities.
- An appreciation and passion for the mission of Cornerstone Christian Academy with a deep- rooted commitment to Christian values, a love for children, and a cooperative spirit.
Interested candidates are to send a letter of interest and current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org